I'm a change 'veteran' who has spent the last 25+ years supporting senior leaders and their teams through a wide range of organizational change initiatives. Clients have included Shell, Tata Steel, EDF, Hewlett Packard and various Whitehall Departments, as well as various Local Authorities, a Further Education college and several charities. I'm an experienced facilitator and coach, and enjoy working on 'live' change challenges with all kinds of leaders and teams. I'm also a qualified adult educator who has taught organisational change at postgraduate level, so I can train/teach where required.
Co-Directing and Freelancing
My recent working life includes seven years as Co-Director of niche change consultancy Integral Change where I enjoyed co-creating the consulting approach, and worked on a series of complex change assignments for corporate clients in the UK, Mainland Europe and South Africa. Before this I was a freelance consultant for 15 years, partnering with several well-known international change consultancies, learning my craft from experts, as well as working directly with senior clients in the UK, Mainland Europe, the US and South East Asia
Experience and Training
In change advice and facilitation work, I draw on my knowledge and experience of using a range of organisational change frameworks and diagnostic processes, and understandings from my training in organizational systems mapping. Qualified to use various recognised leadership and team development tools, I am also able to provide sound support for leaders and their teams when they are stretched by the challenges they are facing. I have also been part of a global group exploring depth psychology, human connection and mindfulness practices for the last 10 years - and this has supported me to be increasingly focused and compassionate in my work.
A considerable advantage of being an Independent Consultant is that I can be flexible about costs. I want to be able to support all sorts of organizations, so I transparently tailor costs in line with i) the direct client's own level of remuneration ii) the potential value created by the change work we do together.
Scroll Down for Organizational Consulting Projects, Teaching Programmes, Publications, Qualifications/Training
I live in Wiltshire with my husband. We have two grown-up children in various stages of leaving home. I enjoy dog-walking, playing the piano, listening to music & podcasts, watching films, reading books, dancing, spending time with friends and family and from time to time getting involved in improvisation and comedy.
Organizational Consulting Projects
- Supporting the COO of a UK government department to build a cross-functional team across nine interconnected departments, and help them to deliver on a series of shared outcomes while developing their collaborative leadership skills
- co-delivering an integrated leadership development programme involving 70 leaders for a high profile South African manufacturing business facing a range of performance issues
- supporting the development of a robust senior leadership structure and governance process, ready to launch an ambitious IT transformation programme in the financial sector
- working alongside the leadership of a European sales and marketing function to support the implementation of a new operating model, while building new team and individual leadership capacities in the process
- helping to strengthen and realign the leadership team of a service company in preparation for their impending sale, with a focus on high performance and effectiveness
- co-leading a piece of Organisational Development work focused on performance improvement and whole site alignment for a complex business, employing 1000+ personnel.
- Visiting tutor for MSc in Management and Organisation Development, University of Bristol, UK (1991 - 2001)
- Making Sense of Change Management (initial publication 2004; 4th Ed, 2014), Cameron & Green
- Essential Leadership (Feb, 2017), Cameron & Green
- Making Sense of Leadership (2008), Cameron & Green
- Facilitation Made Easy (2nd Ed, 2005) Cameron
- Process Work (1 year): working with divisive conflict in organizations and communities, towards resolution and learning
- Human Potential (10 years): Depth Psychology, neuroscience and mindfulness studies
- Organisational System Mapping (5 years): using constellations as tool for diagnosis and solution testing
- Foundation training in Gestalt Psychotherapy
- Core training in Sociodrama
- City and Guilds Certificate 730 in Adult Learning
- Myers-Briggs Psychometric testing
- Emotional Competence Inventory mentor
- LJMAP Values Tool: authorised user of self-assessment tool
- Various Open University Psychology Modules